In SharePoint Online we are unable to edit the Blocked File Types list. Instead, in SharePoint On-Premises, by using the Central Administration panel we are able to edit that list.
For this example I will try to upload a *.bat file.
Before editing the Blocked File Types list, I will try to upload that file.
The result is:
How to do it ?
- access Central Administration – Application Management
- click on Manage Web Applications.
- click on SharePoint Central Administration v4.
- in this list we can add or remove any extension;
- for this example I will delete the .bat extension.
After we save all changes, let’s try to upload the *.bat file again.
The result is… success: